Whitham Mills Are Hiring a Recycling Equipment Service Engineer to Join Their Service Team!
Whitham Mills Engineering Limited are the leading designers and manufacturers of waste management equipment. Known for their excellence in service, they design, manufacture, install and maintain a wide range of bespoke waste management equipment across the UK, Europe and the Middle East. Due to rapid growth of the company, Whitham Mills is currently seeking a full-time service engineer to add to their highly skilled service department. This is an exciting opportunity to develop a career in a thriving team in a strong and stable business.
Vacancy for skilled service engineer with:
- A minimum of 3 years’ service/maintenance engineer experience
- A clean full UK driving licence
- A strong understanding of fully automatic waste management equipment, conveyors, shredders, and other large machinery
- A can-do attitude and a dedication to your work.
Main areas of responsibility will be:
- Attending sites as a team or individually to diagnose and repair equipment according to our ‘first-time fix’ policy.
- Must have good knowledge/ experience of hydraulic and electrical systems.
- Be available as required for an On-Call rota.
- Assisting with new installations as and when required with a project manager.
- Completing regular services and maintenance Inspections on customers equipment and reporting back any potential and future faults.
- Keeping paperwork and customer information up to date on the individual PDAs.
- Mentoring apprentices and junior engineers as and when required.
- Must have access to own basic tools, specialist tools will be provided.
SALARY: Negotiable depending on experience, fully equipped service vehicle, mobile phone and PDA.
WORKING HOURS: 39 HRS + Overtime/ on call.
AREAS COVERED: Based in Manchester but travel will be required across the country and some rare international travel (All travel is fully expensed).
Job Type: Full-time
- Waste management machinery service engineer: 3 years (Preferred)
- Forklift Counterbalance Licence (Preferred)
- Full UK Driving Licence (Required)
- IPAF Licence (Preferred)
- Health & Safety at Work (Preferred)
To Apply for this role please send your CV to email@example.com
Read about our Service & Maintenance team click here.