5 things you should consider when purchasing a material recovery facility
Whitham Mills’ are the UK based experts in designing, manufacturing and installing material recovery facilities (MRF’s). Material Recovery facilities require meticulous design by expert engineers who truly can understand your present and future recycling needs.
- What materials do you want the design process of the material recovery facility to sort and segregate? Do you want to be able to bale clean cardboard or is your business recycling more plastics?
- How many operators/ employees will be managing the day to day operation of the material recovery facility? If you require a picking line of three pickers but only intend to hire two operators you are going to potentially miss contaminated material going through your line.
- How much material are you intending to run through the facility? Ensure you have planned for your current and future material throughput to ensure your business installs the correct material recovery facility…
- Are you going to require specialist equipment in your material recovery facility for metal segregation, such as an Overband magnet or an Eddycurrent?
- What is the composition of your material that you are planning on running through your material recovery facility? What percentage is organic waste vs cardboard or plastics? Knowing this will help us design your material recovery facility to your exact needs.
Whitham Mills expert in-house design team have designed and built over 20 MRF’s throughout the UK for many local authorities and waste management businesses. To read more about our latest Material Recovery Facility installs click here.
If you want to get in contact with Whitham Mills regarding your own Material recovery facility call now on 01706 811 880.