Blaenau Gwent Council
Blaenau Gwent Council install a 3tph MRF system
- Baler Feed Conveyor. 1200mm Wide x 7.5m long
- GB-1175TR-40Hp Twin Ram Baler
- Bottle Perforator & Moving Hopper
- Heavy Duty steel loading hopper 4.2mtrs x 3.2mtrs x 3.8mtr
- Heavy Duty Chain & Belt Conveyor 4” pitch x 900mm Wide x approx. 7.5m long
- Access Platform and stairs for Pickling Line & Service
- Picking Line Conveyor – Feed Hopper
- Picking Line Conveyor - 900mm Wide x 6.75m long with stainless steel section and Magnetic Head Roller
- Stainless Steel discharge chute
- 3 x Drop chutes
- 3 x Steel Bunker Walls to make bays 6m long x 3.5m wide x 3 m high
- Overband Magnet – OCP2310E & Support frame
- Eddie Current Feed Conveyor – 900mm wide x approx. 5.5mtrs long
Timespan: 4 weeks
Sector: Local Authority
What they asked us: How can we create a revenue stream from our multi-material kerbside collections?
Contracted by Blaenau Gwent Council to design and build a MRF system for their Ebbw Vale site after winning the project by tender.
The Council previously dealt with household recyclables by tipping the material onto the floor and then reloading into bulk trailers for sorting at a different location which was costly and inefficient.
Our equipment was the first of its kind installed on the site and comprised of a Twin Ram baler with a large loading hopper and feed conveyor.
Sorting chutes and points along the system allow for different recyclable waste to be sorted in the most systematic and cost-effective way by removing contaminated material.
The throughput of this MRF system is circa 3tph. The system is versatile and durable baling with ease, material such as cardboard, mixed plastics, bottles, steel and aluminium cans.
The installation took a total of 4 weeks and the council can now sort and bale their recyclables rather than spending money and resources outsourcing this process. They are now extracting an extra revenue stream from the material that goes directly back to the council.
Estimated material tonnes per annum for the system were:
- Paper 1,976
- Glass 1,304
- Card 1112
- Mixed Plastic 773
- Aluminium Cans 152
- Steel Cans 302